The strength that Faith can bring you is the greatest strength of all. So many in my life have been an example of how Faith plays a big part in their everyday lives.
My maternal grandparents had Faith when they crossed the Rio in the 1800's. They had Faith that the two World Wars would not affect their families, members served and returned. They had Faith that the Great Depression would pass and their Faith would get them through it. They had Faith that the Cuban Missile Crisis would not harm their country and its people, they had Faith that their hard work would create a better life for their families.
So it has come to pass. Faith and the strength they got created the opportunity that I live today. I don't forget this but most often don't think about it either. Instead, I think about what could make me happy in this life. I don't have that spiritual strength that my grandmother had, she taught me and yet, I haven't been able to hold on it.
Grandmother, come to me in my dreams, lead me by my hand, and help me to go down the path of Faith. You affected so many during your lifetime including my Mom who hurts every stinking day of her life and yet has all the Faith in the world. I want her to be near me, I need her and she needs me. I just can't go there now.
I'm being selfish, I'm being selfish, I'm being selfish......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment