Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day

What is the meaning of Labor Day? For most of us it is a long weekend, the end of the summer, the beginning of school. For the most part, Labor Day is a time point that brings change.

On Labor Day weekend, 1999, I met and dated David Flores. We married in 2001 and are happily together still. We celebrate this weekend more than our wedding anniversary simply because it has the most meaning. It like many others before it and after, has been a weekend that brings change to our lives.

On this weekend in 2001, we celebrated life. Our lives but in particular mine. I was diagnosed with cancer in July and began radiation treatments in September. So this weekend, I celebrate five years of being cancer free, another milestone as they say.

So why am I up, not sleeping, and blogging. My soul needs its, I guess. My health is still poor some days so I have to celebrate the good ones. I slept in yesterday and have to assume that my mind is just not ready for more sleep. I should talk myself into trying again as I did at midnight. It is 330 a.m. on Labor Day.

Ok on to better subjects...

No comments: