Saturday, November 18, 2006

Blood Type Diet

So I pulled out the book I bought a few years ago called, "4 Blood Types, 4 Diets, EAT RIGHT 4 YOUR TYPE"...Adamo and Whitney. I've been reading the book most of this week and finding that many of the foods I am told to avoid, based on my blood type, are ones I don't really like. This is true for almost all the food groups except in the seafood section.. I really like my shelled seafood. I really like my Halibut and I really like my Calamari.. I think I'd rather suffer a bit and not avoid them altogether.

Why the dieting? Diabetes has hit my home, hubby is feeling much better as we shifted to eating seafood, green veggies and very small portions of rice each night this week. Dinner has been delicious and so pulling out cookbooks and diet books has been the task of the week in finding how to cook Salmon and Halibut. I packed his lunch each evening and he appears to be better balanced.

I am hoping that I can avoid Diabetes if I make the dietary change along with him. In fact, I enjoy cooking and using spices and herbs for flavoring and avoiding fats for taste. I am actually enjoying the shopping, from the planning to the preparation, cooking has been quite fun. One of my friends called and told me to get out of the house if I thought cooking was fun. I'm just in another place right now, not being out in the world is A-OK!

Planning for TDay and hope to make it a tasty one!!

1 comment:

Cinnamon Girl said...

Nesting is good!